Monday, June 27, 2011

A little of this and a little of that!

Its been awhile since I have posted so let me catch you up with whats been happening over the last couple of weeks.  We have been to the beach a couple of times. 



There has been a red headed woodpecker hanging out in the neighbors tree.  I love to sit on my front porch and listen to him and watch how he trys to perfect his little hole in the tree.


My honey went on a fishing expedition on the "Majestic" and brought home a mess of fish.  We had a wonderful fish fry, with cheese grits, cole slaw and hush puppies.  There is not many things as yummy af fresh fried fish.



Check out these "chompers".

I had a few tomatoes on my one and only tomato plant.  They were very tasty, as I always say when I get a good tomato, "I could taste the sunshine" in them.   ;)

I've also been going to the pool here and there on the weekends with my daughter.  I love to swim but I would not dare run you all off by posting a pic of me in my bathing suit.  I wanna keep what on-line friends I have.....LOL. 

We have finally been getting some MUCH NEEDED rain off and on for over a week now thank goodness!!  However, the first day that we finally did get some rain it was a severe thunderstorm that did quite a bit of damage all over Jacksonville.  I honestly thought a tornado was coming.  It literally rained sideways.  We have 1 large tree in our front yard and I am always so scared we will lose it when a bad storm like that comes thru.  After the storm was over my honey and I rode around the immediate area and seen trees that had literally ripped the ground up around the base of the trees anywhere from 4 to 6 feet around, and had turned the sidewalk up like it was domino pieces.  Thankfully the rain we have had since then has just been heavy late afternoon showers minus all of the unwanted extras.

       And finally to sum things up we ventured off to the Daytona Flea Market this past weekend.  It is very large and has lots and lots of everything you could imagine a flea market having.  Some of the aisles we saw several times and I am sure there are some that we never made it to.  It would of made too much sense to have grabbed a map when we went in....  :(  We enjoyed some super sweet and juicy Georgia peaches, tried some Sicilian olives, and purchased some Greek Gourmet salad, (sun dried tomatoes and multiple types of olives) and some fresh pistachios. 

I found some great inexpensive jewelry, and the price was definately right!!  You can see below the variety that I found and did not spend more than $10.00 for all of it.


This cream and glass seashell bracelet is just perfect to wear with a white summery blouse.

 I just love this Turquise charm bracelet and earrings which have charms on them as well.
And of course you can never go wrong with your basic black which goes with just about anything.

And then just a few odds and ends pieces that I couldn't resist.


Other than that I have been doing some research of different Florida State parks that I would like to visit.  Enjoying my facebook friends and family, and reading all the blogs I follow.  Hope all of you are enjoying your summer.

Hugs Hazel




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time...nothing like a good fresh fried fish...WHAT KIND OF FISH WAS THAT WITH THE TEETH...did you eat it. I wouldn't want anyone to see me in a bathing suit either so your not alone. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know JP loved his fishing trip. I want to know the name of the fish with the big teeth also. Post it here in the comments so we will know.

    Love the Daytona flea market. I remember the weekend we went and all the goodies I bought. Wish I'd been with you to get some new jewelty. I especially like the turquoise set. It will look gorgeous with your tan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great jewelry finds.

    Fish with teeth like that....scary!

    Sounds like you have been enjoying life....a very good thing.

    ReplyDelete